Monster Mods Forum
Please log in to make post and check your personal messages. Or register if you are a new user.
Monster Mods Forum
Please log in to make post and check your personal messages. Or register if you are a new user.
Monster Mods Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xbox 360 Modding Community

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unbanning consoles

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
gzetski
Mouser

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Unbanning consoles Empty
PostSubject: Unbanning consoles   Unbanning consoles EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 8:14 am

Now there is money to be made here!

So how does one go about it??? reasonably of course? I have seen this discussed before, but does anyone have any experience in this?
Back to top Go down
Amak
New MM user

Xbox Version : Zephyr
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-09-27

Unbanning consoles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbanning consoles   Unbanning consoles EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 10:01 am

Can't be done yet. They ban some chip on the 360 (like the EEPROM on the old Xbox) and we aren't close to flashing that, yet.
Back to top Go down
gzetski
Mouser

Unbanning consoles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbanning consoles   Unbanning consoles EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 10:30 am

hmmm,
http://www.infectus.biz/INFECTUS-BOOK/Tutorial_Eng/unban360/pag1.htm

Apparently it can be done, but this is a substitution from another console.........

There is another tut I found that mentions just substituting values in KV but its in french and I don't speak french, google translation makes it impossible......

there is also talk of using a separate ether nic to run your live through a crossover wire and running something along wireshark or ethereal on the pc to monitor for certain traffic and block it. sorry I can't mention the source, but seems as this may be a temporary solution to the wave ban utilized now.
Back to top Go down
Amak
New MM user

Unbanning consoles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbanning consoles   Unbanning consoles EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 10:37 am

The infectus requires certain Kernel versions, which I believe are far outdated.

The crossover method, however, has really got my attention now...
Back to top Go down
gzetski
Mouser

Unbanning consoles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbanning consoles   Unbanning consoles EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 10:43 am

I think everything up to a jasper is downgradeable....

for the other thing to work, someone would actually have to record the traffic while getting banned, and then analyze it. getting banned is hot or miss, so you're talking millions of packets to sift through.... Unless the sprecific method by which the consoles are banned gets leaked, it may never be found, but the theory at least holds water.
Back to top Go down
Amak
New MM user

Unbanning consoles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbanning consoles   Unbanning consoles EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 5:36 am

I'm gonna play around with that...as long as the packets are coming from the console, then I think it can be bypassed.
Back to top Go down
gzetski
Mouser

Unbanning consoles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbanning consoles   Unbanning consoles EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 10:14 am

there is some talk about rsa encrypted packets that send your s/n and possibly ether nic mac address - the banning is apparently twofold - on the console, preventing from copying games to hdd - and from the server side, kicking based on s/n or mac.

the first parts would entail something being written to the nand - in theory, if you get a clean unbanned console, you can do a nand dump and restore that image back to the nand after being banned. should take out any modifications from the console side of things.

The second part, use a proxy that would filter s/n or mac authentication to the server - again shitload of packets, gigs of data to sift through, and its enough if it uses a 128 bit key to keep you looking for it for days or months. and its all possible that if it doesn't get that s/n, than it will outright drop your connection. packet injection in real time requires, oh, more processing power than NASA currently has....
Back to top Go down
kenoman2007
Mouser
kenoman2007

Xbox Version : 1 jasper and 2 others
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-08-09

Unbanning consoles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbanning consoles   Unbanning consoles EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 3:35 pm

this is only a temporarily fix if it works. not including all the time would need to put in this. if anybody tries this good luck to you.
Back to top Go down
CollinstheClown
M&M Addict
CollinstheClown

Xbox Version : No Clue. =O
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2009-04-07

Unbanning consoles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbanning consoles   Unbanning consoles EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 8:06 pm

Back to top Go down
Amak
New MM user

Unbanning consoles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbanning consoles   Unbanning consoles EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am

Good info, but some data needs to be sent, and that could possibly be manipulated.
Back to top Go down
Jacob
New MM user

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-09-04

Unbanning consoles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbanning consoles   Unbanning consoles EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 5:11 am

Ive been doing alot of research into this recently and i beleive you can unban a console but you need to have your CPU keys and so forth. Gotta try it out properly for myself yet. Their are people doing i think however.
Back to top Go down
gzetski
Mouser

Unbanning consoles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbanning consoles   Unbanning consoles EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 4:20 pm

yeah, you also need your neighbor's serial number.. once you got that its cake.

Basically its a swap - one banne dfor one unbanned. If you happen to have a stack of mobos with missing drives though, it may be a way to go.
Back to top Go down
Jacob
New MM user

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-09-04

Unbanning consoles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbanning consoles   Unbanning consoles EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 9:24 pm

You can get the serial number from the nanddump iirc. For me personally i have lots of RROD boards that i couldnt permantly fix but i need to get them stable enough to run xell. This is the problem im facing at the moment
Back to top Go down
gzetski
Mouser

Unbanning consoles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbanning consoles   Unbanning consoles EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 3:36 am

right, the only thing you need to worry about is the serial number being banned from the server side.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Unbanning consoles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unbanning consoles   Unbanning consoles Empty

Back to top Go down

Unbanning consoles
Page 1 of 1